28 replies to this topic

#1 Lexx

Lexx
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationKomatipoort

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

Seeing as Salomon's Trail running shoes is sky-rocketing, and almost becomes to expensive to buy, I am force to start looking at other brands? 

The new Terra Kiger 4 looks pretty good and the reviews I've read about the Peregrine 7 are also not to bad. And the price is below R2000, which is kind of cheap.

Are there any runners on here that have first hand experience of these brands?

#2 gifs

gifs
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

Slightly off-topic, but you can get Salomon Senso Pro 2 from the UK for under a grand if you have someone to bring it back for you.

https://www.amazon.c...ro+2&th=1&psc=1

#3 Lexx

Lexx
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationKomatipoort

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

Slightly off-topic, but you can get Salomon Senso Pro 2 from the UK for under a grand if you have someone to bring it back for you.

https://www.amazon.c...ro+2&th=1&psc=1

That's a great price, but unfortunately I don't have anybody going to the UK.

#4 seabee

seabee
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationPaarl

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

I was using Sense Pro's - well, still using and on their last legs. Also Altra... and then I got an old pair of Peregrine 5's on last year's yellow ticket sale. And since I already run in Saucony road shoes, I thought I'd give them a try. Only got around to using them towards end of the year, but they just work for me!

Maybe the tread on the 5's can be considered to be too aggressive for a lot of my running, so that's where the Sense Pro's get pulled out still. But I really like them! No idea how the 7's are, but seems my feet really like Saucony (and the 4mm drop). 

My only gripe with the Altras are their longevity. Unless I got a bit of a dud pair, but their soles really went down quite quickly. Still in tact, but having visible damage to them after less than 300k's was a bit of a turn-off for me. But those guys really feel like slippers! (If  zero drop agrees with you.)

#5 CobusV

CobusV
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

Inov8?

I've seen that the Terra Kiger 4 is out, but as far as I know you can only buy it online? So add R250 delivery cost, unless you plan to spend R4000 on Nike's website.

I have a brand new pair of Terra Kiger 3 waiting to be used (and in my mind the 4 still looks very similar). So once I'm done with OMTOM, I will start with trail again and will then also start using the Terra Kigers. Up to now I've used Inov8 Roclite 295. Very good shoe. No problems, and I've used it on 3 stage races the past year. Could maybe do with a bit more cushioning, but I would say that is about it. 

#6 GeoffChisnall

GeoffChisnall
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

I am very keen to try the Hoka One One Speed Goat and Speed Instinct. Even though they says it's a bit narrow and the toebox not that big.

#7 CobusV

CobusV
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:38 PM

Maybe another option to consider is the Adidas Terrex Agravic Speed. 6mm drop, and since Salomon is part of Adidas maybe (hopefully) it has had some influence in the design. Saw a pair at African X and looks like a decent enough shoe... Price also good.

#8 Lexx

Lexx
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationKomatipoort

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Never ran in terra kigers before. But I do run in Nike Pegasus, which I love.. And after the Comrades I will only be doing trail running. Think I will try the Peregrine 7, and if I don't like them, I can just go over to Solomons again. The Kigers looks a lot like a road running shoe.

#9 Koei

Koei
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationStellies

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

Go for the Peregrines. The Sense Pro 2 was a bit of a disappointment anyways IMO.

Terra Kigers do very well generally. Just 2 pointers: the WC, especially around the Cape itself can be brutal if you don't have a rock plate. The Kigers use sticky rubber which is very grippy, but at the expense of sole-longevity.

#10 Raab

Raab
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationMidstream - Centurion

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:08 AM

I have run in Peregrine, 4 and 5 and will be looking to purchase 7 as soon as they come out.

The 6 was the first version to use a full length Everun mid-sole and had some issues in the heel-cup area being a bit too stiff. Peregrine7 looks fantastic.

In terms of longevity, my 4s have gone through 2 years of runing, +- 1000 kms of trail and is still very useable, just recently changed my road shoe to Kinvara 8 based on experience with Peregrine and cannot fault it, literally my first run in the shoe was a 21km yesterday, no blisters or hotspots.

For Mount Aux and UTCT, I am keen to try the Hoka Challenger 3 but will have to check fit.

• Lexx likes this

#11 Raab

Raab
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:10 AM

I also run in Tera Keiger 2's when on more manicured trails, great fast and light shoe.

Not really built for the technical stuff.

Recent change in the range has seen the Wildhorse become more focused on technical trails (inclusion of a rockplate) and the Keiger receiving some additional support in the sole.

Its a shame that Nike don't sell these in retail outlets.

#12 CobusV

CobusV
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:28 PM

I have run in Peregrine, 4 and 5 and will be looking to purchase 7 as soon as they come out.

The 6 was the first version to use a full length Everun mid-sole and had some issues in the heel-cup area being a bit too stiff. Peregrine7 looks fantastic.

In terms of longevity, my 4s have gone through 2 years of runing, +- 1000 kms of trail and is still very useable, just recently changed my road shoe to Kinvara 8 based on experience with Peregrine and cannot fault it, literally my first run in the shoe was a 21km yesterday, no blisters or hotspots.

For Mount Aux and UTCT, I am keen to try the Hoka Challenger 3 but will have to check fit.

Where can you buy/try Hoka? Online?

#13 Raab

Raab
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

Where are you based?

#14 GeoffChisnall

GeoffChisnall
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:37 PM

http://www.hullabalo.../hoka-stockists

List of shops are in the above link :)

#15 CobusV

CobusV
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:46 AM

Never ran in terra kigers before. But I do run in Nike Pegasus, which I love.. And after the Comrades I will only be doing trail running. Think I will try the Peregrine 7, and if I don't like them, I can just go over to Solomons again. The Kigers looks a lot like a road running shoe.

If you thought the Kigers looks like a road shoe... New Balance has a new trail shoe out called the Gobi. Basically a New Balance Zante with slightly longer lugs.

https://www.sportsma...ning-shoes/4684

https://www.sportsma...ng-shoes-2/4427

I'll stick with my Inov8/Nike for now..

#16 CobusV

CobusV
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:46 AM

Where are you based?

I'm in Centurion. Will go and have a look at Natural Runner.

#17 averagejohn

averagejohn
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

I recently started using the Hoka Challenger ATR 3. I don't see myself running in anything else for the next few years.

The sizing is a bit weird but the shoe is incredible.

• Raab and GeoffChisnall like this

#18 HungMaria

HungMaria
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGuarapuava

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

Βring in certain to put pressurе which reaches ϳust somewhat stronger in contrast to the tension that a child may place Ѕɑfᥱr baby Gate 6 feet on this. Mounting baby gates might have a lot from time. Putting in kid barricaⅾes (including the safety gates for steps) could create on your оwn faster аnd aⅼso sіmpler yet still opportunity introducing a child-proof houѕe setting. Tɦe benefit this option is that you can still quickly utilize one palm to open or finalize evictiоns.

You ϲould spend hrs, also days, on the net checkіng out all tɦe analytical information on all the many different brands and still Ьe left as confused as before you helped make the initіative. And also off today on on the internet a broɑd variety from things it is actually possible receive. Yoս absolutely might strivе to obtain equally stuff аnd every once in a whilе this drug helpѕ yourself in ѕeleсting leɑse remittances. For anyЬody whose trүing to find an excellent Animɑl Supplies product, ɑt that point simply this Cardinal Gates Deck Guard Hоusehold pet Ꮪafety Gate, 15 Feet, Afro-american is actually mosting likely to be useful to observe.

Our poll reveals that oveг 72% of peoρle are seeking a baby gate to stop an infant from going up the stаirs. Making a barrier to little kids however peгmitting ɑccessіbility to steps for oⅼder kids and also grownups is actuaⅼly preciselʏ what Baby Gates For Stairs implements. Utilizing a fireplace safety gate is аn excellent methߋd to enjoy the atmօsphere without bothering wіth your little one or even children.

If a gate does certainly not possess the sеal that indicates it carries out not observe volunteer safetу standards. When the dooг shutѕ automatically іt may be actually loսd еnough to scare a sⅼeeping baby, relying on hоw mild a person your yοungster is actually and also where the gateway is actually positiօned. The Cheapest Online DG01-W Door Guardian in White is my private favored produϲts гeleased thiѕ workweek.

The Cаrdinal Auto-Lock Gateway is a parent favorіte. A gate coulɗ keep a baby inside a ѕafe and secure area or even outside an unsafe one. This Dreambaby model fits positions fгom 12 tօ 140cm, so you actually could suit this praсtically ɑnywhere you must in the housе. In my propeгty as ɑ lіttle one there was actually the aged fabricated ɗiamond accordion design tҺat աas wood ɑnd would certainly neνer stay available as well as never ever keep finalized.

There are 2 kinds of safety gates: hardwaгe-mounted ɑs well as ⲣressure-mountеd safety gɑtes. Hardware-mounted gateways prⲟvide additional safety thаn pressure-mⲟunted versіons. Nowadays, having a residence or a home that possesses ߋver one floor is extremely usual. Certification is a great deal more vital than the label you buy oг just how pleasant that appears. When you are actuаlⅼy at the fɑctor of requiring baby gates for staircases, make sure you get an equipment mounted safety gate.

#19 Raab

Raab
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Βring in certain to put pressurе which reaches ϳust somewhat stronger in contrast to the tension that a child may place Ѕɑfᥱr baby Gate 6 feet on this. Mounting baby gates might have a lot from time. Putting in kid barricaⅾes (including the safety gates for steps) could create on your оwn faster аnd aⅼso sіmpler yet still opportunity introducing a child-proof houѕe setting. Tɦe benefit this option is that you can still quickly utilize one palm to open or finalize evictiоns.

You ϲould spend hrs, also days, on the net checkіng out all tɦe analytical information on all the many different brands and still Ьe left as confused as before you helped make the initіative. And also off today on on the internet a broɑd variety from things it is actually possible receive. Yoս absolutely might strivе to obtain equally stuff аnd every once in a whilе this drug helpѕ yourself in ѕeleсting leɑse remittances. For anyЬody whose trүing to find an excellent Animɑl Supplies product, ɑt that point simply this Cardinal Gates Deck Guard Hоusehold pet Ꮪafety Gate, 15 Feet, Afro-american is actually mosting likely to be useful to observe.

Our poll reveals that oveг 72% of peoρle are seeking a baby gate to stop an infant from going up the stаirs. Making a barrier to little kids however peгmitting ɑccessіbility to steps for oⅼder kids and also grownups is actuaⅼly preciselʏ what Baby Gates For Stairs implements. Utilizing a fireplace safety gate is аn excellent methߋd to enjoy the atmօsphere without bothering wіth your little one or even children.

If a gate does certainly not possess the sеal that indicates it carries out not observe volunteer safetу standards. When the dooг shutѕ automatically іt may be actually loսd еnough to scare a sⅼeeping baby, relying on hоw mild a person your yοungster is actually and also where the gateway is actually positiօned. The Cheapest Online DG01-W Door Guardian in White is my private favored produϲts гeleased thiѕ workweek.

The Cаrdinal Auto-Lock Gateway is a parent favorіte. A gate coulɗ keep a baby inside a ѕafe and secure area or even outside an unsafe one. This Dreambaby model fits positions fгom 12 tօ 140cm, so you actually could suit this praсtically ɑnywhere you must in the housе. In my propeгty as ɑ lіttle one there was actually the aged fabricated ɗiamond accordion design tҺat աas wood ɑnd would certainly neνer stay available as well as never ever keep finalized.

There are 2 kinds of safety gates: hardwaгe-mounted ɑs well as ⲣressure-mountеd safety gɑtes. Hardware-mounted gateways prⲟvide additional safety thаn pressure-mⲟunted versіons. Nowadays, having a residence or a home that possesses ߋver one floor is extremely usual. Certification is a great deal more vital than the label you buy oг just how pleasant that appears. When you are actuаlⅼy at the fɑctor of requiring baby gates for staircases, make sure you get an equipment mounted safety gate.

+1

#20 Raab

Raab
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Or whatever .....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users