4 replies to this topic

#1 L-Dog

L-Dog
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:58 AM

Hello Guys

Firstly I have Asics Gel Nimbus for Road running with an inner for pronation and the shoe is 2 sizes bigger than my regular shoe. When opting for a trail shoe should I go slightly smaller and loose the inner as it won't be the same impact as constantly running on tarmac and obviously you need more support so the shoe needs to fit slightly tighter ?

Any recommendations for Trail shoes ?

Thanks

#2 GeoffChisnall

GeoffChisnall
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

Which area are you from?

#3 L-Dog

L-Dog
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:30 AM

Pretoria, currently just doing short races 5-20km 

#4 candz

candz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Locationpmb

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

I used to run in the Nimbus on the road and swear by the Ascis Trabuco for trail, I wear a size 7 normal shoe and run in a size 8 for both road and trail.  Hope that some help?

https://www.bikehub....57#entry3277397

this thread on bikehub is pretty active and the peeps are great for advise.

#5 ChristineTheBean

ChristineTheBean
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNoordhoek

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:59 PM

I wear the same size in road and trail. You don't necessarily need a tighter shoe, in fact I'd say the reverse, because your feet swell more on trail just by virtue of the fact that you use a wider range of muscles in your foot. Your foot also needs more room to move naturally. My road shoes are narrower and a tighter fit than my trail shoes, because my foot doesn't really need to move and adjust on tar.

You don't want too much stability on a trail shoe, because again you can't adapt well to changing terrain if your midsole is too stiff.

You say you (over?) pronate and I am a neutral runner, so I can't really comment on your inserts and whether to skip them or not. 

If you want solid advice on running shoes, The Sweat Shop are the Holy Grail of running shoe advice. Looks like there's a branch in Centurion, which I guess is in Pretoria judging by the dialing code (sorry, Slaapstad here) http://www.thesweats...nformation_id=7

"Even if the day ever dawns in which it will not be needed for fighting the old heavy battles against nature, muscular vigor will still always be needed to furnish the background of sanity, serenity, and cheerfulness to life, to give moral elasticity to our disposition, to round off the wiry edge of our fretfulness and make us good humoured and easy of approach" William James (1892)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users